Thursday 4 July 2013

Reflections

Recently I have been reflecting on the amazing journey that God has taken me on over the past few years. I have always tried to live by the philosophy that "if God says it, I will do it" simply trusting in his knowledge and wisdom; it seems to me the most sensible way to live because He knows all things from the beginning to the end and He knows me better than I know myself. I try to do this in a godly way, trusting him for the fruit that will follow.
Through extraordinary encounters with God, mind stretching prophecies, challenging teaching and vast amounts of encouragement from different sources, I have been strengthened and enabled to go on this wonderful journey of faith. It has not always been easy, in fact many difficulties have been faced, and unhelpful things which have been a part of my life for many years have had to be faced up to squarely and dealt with. I have had to apologise to individuals and to the whole of North Kent Community Church for things that have been unhelpful and even plainly wrong. But above this has been the ongoing wonderful discovery of the nature of God himself and the wonders of living in his kingdom.
My life is very different to what it was 5 years ago, and North Kent Community Church has developed in amazing ways.
The two most important ingredients to me in this process of change have been the discovery of God the Father and my identity as his son, and the priority of pursuing the kingdom of God first and allowing the church to grow out of kingdom activity rather than just human endeavour.
This year I have been part of the leadership structure of NKCC for 25 years and I thank God for his faithfulness to me, my family and this church. Many, many exciting things have happened during that time. I intend to enjoy the next 25 years in even greater measure as God's kingdom continues to advance. Thanks to all who have contributed positively to my journey.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment